[optacon-l] Re: hello from former Optacon teacher Judy Adams

  • From: JBliss Judy <judy@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 11:02:20 -0800

Dear Don,

I started at Telesensory in '76 and worked on the Game Center (remember that?)
and also worked on the PC Vert - what a cumbersome device, but it did the job
at that time. I think that Ron Morford was the Vert guy.

The Optacon II was a beautiful design and we finally got a smaller visual
display for sighted teachers that was truly portable.  The reduction in pins,
from 144 to 100 didn't seem to be a major disadvantage and I developed a simple
Japanese character set for the computerized training program for the Optacon
II, which we used on a training visit I made to Japan.  I wonder how we could
get some of the Japanese Optacon users on the listserv?

Yes, I'm definitely beginning to remember you from training! Do you know Pete
deVasto, who was also one of our early local CRT users, and fantastic bowler?

A question about responding. I'm cutting off all but the preceding message when
I reply.  Is that OK?

Judy Adams