[optacon-l] Re: hello from former Optacon teacher Judy Adams

  • From: "Milton M. Ota" <mota@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 17:39:59 -1000

Hello from Hawaii--Aloha!

I got my Optacon in 1978 and spent two weeks in Palo Alto, CA on my
first trip outside of Hawaii alone. I remember two teachers that I
had--Winnerfred Downing and Jackie Wheeler.

I still see Jackie at the national conventions manning the booth for the
company she is now affiliated with.

My wife who is also blind uses an Optacon and she got hers a year later
through the Internal Revenue Services and got to keep her unit.

We both still use and rely on our Optacon and wouldn't know what we'd do
without it.

We have the CRT lense, the magnifier lense and the typewritter
attachment for the Smyth Corona typewritter.

Milton