[optacon-l] Re: hello from former Optacon teacher Judy Adams

  • From: "Steve" <k8sp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 17:50:34 -0500

I tried an Optacon II for awhile.  To me, the display was mushy and because of
whatever digital circuitry was in there, there was a slight delay before you
saw what you were scanning.

Unfortunately, the battery though user replaceable, was a proprietary design
which died with TSI.  I did manage to replace the cells in one and gluing the
case back together with hot-glue.

Steve
Lansing, MI

   From: "don bishop" <w6smb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>