[muglo] Re: powerbook

  • From: Gerhard <gerhardk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 00:55:53 -0400

That is too bad, I have received an airport card for the powerbook I
bought and know people that have had their memory doubled, have
received discounts if they bought a mac plus a software package.  It
is the same all over if you are eager and ready to buy the retailer
senses it and there are no deals, if on the other hand they can make
a $2500 plus sale by giving a $100-150 item to the customer that may
have cost them $70 to 100+ they are motivated to do so since they
know once you leave you may be the competitions customer.  And like
any other transaction it is the attitude that you come with, do you
look like a real customer or are you a tire kicker.  From talking to
sales people I know they say that the people that ask price first are
the least likely to buy but those that explore the features and
decide on product that suits them and then talk price are much more
likely to buy.  So if you go in ask what's the best price you can
give me they will likely point at the sign attached to it but if they
have invested time in you and feel that you need just a little prod
to make the decision now more flexibility will be shown.  I bought a
250 GB LaCie drive at Carbon in Kitchener about 3 weeks ago and
received a "valued customer discount" and I am sure that I got it
because they did not have the exact drive I wanted but felt that the
discount would make the drive they did have more appealing to me.

Gerhard