[muglo] Re: powerbook

  • From: Tee Cashmore <teecashmore@xxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 00:41:55 -0400

On 21-Sep-05, at 9:57 PM, Tim Kearn wrote:

> Eric,
> Where in the suburbs?
> Only have been to the store on Dupont.
> BTW - may also be purchasing a laptop in the near future.
> In yours and others expert opinions:
> iBook or Powerbook? New or used? Worth the time to look in the US?

> Tim

I would almost always buy used, as long as I know the source. There are
some significant savings right now with some 1-2 year old laptops.
iBooks are less expensive and the more recent ones are G4s. My 15"
Titanium G4 400 Mhz. still sells well, has USB, Firewire, ext. monitor
port, wireless, 56K modem etc. & is very easy to upgrade the HD. Can
you tell I'm about to sell it? (BG).
Forget about the US. Prices there are often more than here when you add
shipping, taxes, Broker fees etc.
TTFN,
TeeC