[muglo] Re: powerbook

  • From: Biti <Biti@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 11:37:14 -0400

Hello Hawk,

I have been being PowerBooks for 16 years, and dealt with a number of
different stores. The first lesson is never buy from anyone you don't
trust. Now you have discovered that your BestBuy purchase was not as it
seemed, return it.

Buy from a reputable Apple dealer that will stand buy the product. I
don't know Mac Outpost, but if people on the MugloList recommend it for
after sales service, go there. Or Carbon Computing in Kitchener. (I am
in Toronto, and CPUsed and Carbon Computing both have good
reputations.)

Phone Apple to see if your wife can get an educational discount before
going this route. But, run, don't walk, to return your BestBuy
PowerBook first.

I would also say that I don't trust any piece of equipment that BestBuy
(or FutureShop) sell at a discount. They don't have the technological
expertise to tell if it is broken. And their extended warrantees are
simply ways for the sales people to make more money.

Just my tuppence worth,

Biti