[muglo] Re: powerbook

  • From: Hawk <taylorc547@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 15:10:47 -0400

Well, Eric I've been having trouble getting my head around wireless. This
despite my wife trying to lead me by the hand. Just not sure how it works.
Here's what I mean . . . sorta.
     Something went wrong with my G4 modem at some point and I could no
longer access my ISP. Finally switched to Rogers high-speed. But I also have
an older computer in Port Stanley (the one I'm replacing) using the same ISP
($16 a month) I orginally had. Rogers, of course, would charge another
fortune to cover that computer so I kept my original ISP for it, which works
fine there. I'm wondering how that will work with a laptop. I don't know
what a static IP website of DHCP  connection is. I get the high speed via TV
cable through a Rogers "modem."
    Geez, call from best buy sales type was just followed by call from the
store manager. Hmmmm. jim