[muglo] Re: powerbook

  • From: Dave Bonhoff <gtidave@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 03:03:01 -0400

Jim, I'm rather certain your wife is eligible for the education
discount on hardware, AppleCare and software.  I'd suggest you return
the machine you purchased and get a new machine through her.  The
savings alone will be worth it.

As for the web cam, I'm certain that the Logitech drivers are crap
and you will be seriously disappointed with the camera.  If you have
use for a web cam, get an iSight, again through your wife and her
discount.

If you are getting a laptop and you intend to use the internet, you
really would benefit from the wireless, otherwise you might as well
get a Mini and leave it on a desk where you internet connection is.
In today's web based world, a device is not truly portable unless it
has wireless networking.  And in the near future, we'll find that
Apple is going to be offering web based applications rather than ones
installed on your machine.  Tiger is the beginning of this trend.

Dave