[muglo] Re: powerbook

  • From: Tim Kearn <timmer21@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 21:57:34 -0400

Eric,
Where in the suburbs?
Only have been to the store on Dupont.
BTW - may also be purchasing a laptop in the near future.
In yours and others expert opinions:
iBook or Powerbook? New or used? Worth the time to look in the US?
Really want a machine that will 'last' me the next few years (other
than OS/app upgrades) and will have the $'s to purchase it.
Amazed at how long this clamshell iBook has lasted but finding now I
am limited with it for newer things to learn (ie - iMovie/iDVD) and
especially the screen size (800x600)!
Example - I went to the Pearl Jam show here in London. For $10 you can
download the show, pictures, and CD cover - amazing deal and really
increases the concert expierence. You can download the java client,
login and pick from any show on the tour. But, it would not show full
screen on my iBook - needed a larger screen to see the buttons on the
bottom of the app! I happened to be 'borrowing' a grape iMac from a
friend which had the larger resolution needed and then no problem.
So, you can see my problem. Also, with the new iPod only USB, don't
want to use (or wait) with 1.1.
TIA,
Tim