[muglo] Re: powerbook

  • From: Eric Dunbar <eric.dunbar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 13:44:03 -0400

Hawk:

Your wife DOES get the "edu discount" (education discount) and on the
base 15" PowerBook you'd save over $400 on PB + AppleCare extended
warrantee!

Go to Apple's website at <http://www.apple.ca>, click on the "Store"
tab at the top of the screen, then, click scroll down a page or two
and click on the "Education Discount" image in the right-most column.

From the resulting page
(<http://canadaapp.apple.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/EducationStores.woa>)
choose the K-12 faculty/staff option.

Alternately, try this link and see if you are taken directly to the listing=
:
<http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/EducationIndividualCanada=
Custom.woa/72307/wo/tF2bF0ZaWr6O3jW6PDP1MxYjOwK/0.0.15.1.0.6.23.1.1.1.1.0.0=
.1.0>

Anyway, a PowerBook 15" is $2499 regular or $2248 at edu pricing.
Likewise, the AppleCare warrantee is as I posted earlier ($364 vs.
$529).

Thus, that's a $416 savings vs. non-edu official pricing (~$300
difference for the 12" PB).

PS Official Apple dealers can often offer the edu discount as well.
Check with Mac Outpost or whereever you can locally get the machine
and see if they can offer the edu discount program.

PSS Since your wife is a principal please keep in mind that you can
also often get software (e.g. MS Office, Adobe Photoshop, Acrobat,
etc.) at a significant discount (of course, with a principal's salary
the discounts are far less useful than for mere mortals... such is the
irony of the situation. When you need the discount the most (not
student but not fully employed yet with advanced pay levels) the
discount is unavailable to you ;-).

Eric.