[muglo] Re: powerbook

  • From: Eric Dunbar <eric.dunbar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 13:48:06 -0400

As for wireless... I would urge you to get the Airport card if your
computer doesn't come with it. It's a minor expense but will allow you
to use the laptop on the web whereever there's a so-called access
point (many coffee shops, hotels, friend's houses, etc.).
Configuration is often easy

It also eliminates the clutter of cables around the house. I'm down to
two ethernet cables -- one from the modem to the wireless router and
another from the router to the server. Our two laptops connect to the
web wirelessly from anywhere in the appartment.

PS you never answered whether you have a high-speed connection (I'm
guessing you do since you're a Rogers customer). Do you know if you
connect to the web with a static IP or whether you get your IP via
DHCP (dynamically)? Also, do you have only one computer connected to
the web or do you have multiple computers connected via a hub or
router?

Eric.