[muglo] Re: MEETINGS AT THE LIBRARY

  • From: Theresa Roth <theresaroth@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 07:45:19 -0500

I'm not out of date!

I was at the Westmount Library the other day. When I said Westmount I
was referring to the name of the library not the mall. I had no idea it
was ever in the mall as I have been going to the current location for a
long time (I actually use Lambeth more as it is closer to my home).

The offer of a hallway display was made by the head librarian at the
Westmount branch as an additional way to meet and promote for free. He
said he had some leeway and would offer us that leeway for our
advantage.

The meeting room would be available at no cost if we allow him to
advertise it in the newsletter. Again, that was related to leeway as he
could only waive the cost if it could be shown there was some sort of
advantage to library and its patrons.

On Dec 15, 2006, at 12:12 AM, Tee Cashmore wrote:

On 14-Dec-06, at 6:34 PM, Theresa Roth wrote:

> Westmount has free parking!

Afraid you're way out of date, the parking is free, but the Library
is no longer in the Mall, it's way down on Wonderland in front of the
Canadian Tire Store, south of Southdale.
Ted, last time I checked earlier in the year, no one gets free space
at any branch of the Library, and if you go past a certain time they
charge extra for cleaning staff.
I wholeheartedly agree with the concept of a display in the hallway
of Galleria Branch. I know it was a worthwhile effort when I did it
at Henry's last month.
TTFN,   TeeC