[muglo] Re: MEETINGS AT THE LIBRARY

  • From: Tee Cashmore <teecashmore@xxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 10:54:20 -0500

On 15-Dec-06, at 7:45 AM, Theresa Roth wrote:

> I'm not out of date!
>
> I was at the Westmount Library the other day. When I said Westmount
> I was referring to the name of the library not the mall. I had no
> idea it was ever in the mall as I have been going to the current
> location for a long time (I actually use Lambeth more as it is
> closer to my home).

My apologies, but it was in Westmount Mall for years; the move was
opposed by vast numbers, especially seniors.

> The offer of a hallway display was made by the head librarian at
> the Westmount branch as an additional way to meet and promote for
> free. He said he had some leeway and would offer us that leeway for
> our advantage.

The hallway sounds good, I'd have to see it to assess it.

> The meeting room would be available at no cost if we allow him to
> advertise it in the newsletter. Again, that was related to leeway
> as he could only waive the cost if it could be shown there was some
> sort of advantage to library and its patrons.

That last part I can't quite see. The negative for the location is
that few members live nearby & it is totally inaccessible to a bus
route, at least it was earlier in the year.
TTFN,  TeeC