[muglo] Re: MEETINGS AT THE LIBRARY

  • From: Tee Cashmore <teecashmore@xxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 19:31:03 -0500

On 15-Dec-06, at 5:08 PM, Paul Thomas wrote:

> For what it is worth, I checked at our local branch Library at
> Cherryhill who have two rooms available - one larger than the other
> - for which the rental is $45 + gst (=$47.70) for a max of 4 hrs
> and finishing by 9 pm, (which I suspect is the same throughout the
> city) available on Tues, Wed or Thurs evenings.  If required they
> can provide a coffee urn; I forgot to ask about internet connection
> but I know they have a wireless internet facility in the Food Court
> but don't know if it would reach the Library (someone else might
> know or, I presume, the
> Library would know)  If you wish further info. or wish to make a
> booking, you should call the Library and ask for Nina.
>
> The main advantage is that there is plenty of free parking space
> (the Mall parking lot).
>
> With regards to the cost, I would imagine that you should be able
> to get at least 16 members out and surely they would be willing to
> pay $3 each to cover the cost??
>
> Anyway there are the facts - the main advantage is that there is
> free  parking and it is fairly central.
>
> Paul

That's quite a change from even 2 years ago. Hours are consistent
throughout the City. Byron Library used to charge $127 a night (our
Xmas sale flop when 6-7 persons showed up), & Masonville; where we
used to meet & has lousy parking; cost us $147.50 + tax with the
large screen hook-up. So I hope you newbies understand why I was so
hesitant. The Masonville monthly costs & poor turnouts caused us to
go Online, a suggestion by Paul, seconded by me & approved by all the
Board & existing members 2-3 years ago.
I'm highly in favour of Cherryhill, but I'll take Westmount if it's
free. Downtown eating places have a number of negatives, including
paying for parking, most meeting room are upstairs & washrooms are
frequently in the basement. Ted's place I don't know about, but has
the advantage of cost & I presume no real restrictions of time.
TTFN,   TeeC