[muglo] Re: MEETINGS AT THE LIBRARY

  • From: Leith Peterson <leithriver@xxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 09:09:31 -0500

I agree with Theresa that "slow times" like February would be good.
All the options mentioned so far have merit, but I'd like to suggest
one used by other groups I belong to:  meeting at a restaurant.  I
realize this wouldn't be ideal for show and tell and might be on the
expensive side for some, but other groups I belong to have found it
works.  For instance, one group I belong to has met at the Black
Trumpet on Richmond in an upstairs room.  They're planning a meeting
at Copperfields in Wortley Village in January.

Last month, I attended a workshop and one of the sessions was held in
the upstairs of Fellini Koolini's on Albert Street.  I realize that
parking is an added expense in some of these locations, but I'm just
mentioning it as another possibility, especially if the restaurant
has a special room for group meetings.

Leith