[muglo] Re: muglo Digest V6 #205 Re: MUGLO

  • From: "Eric D" <hideme666@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 08:33:44 -0400

>On 14-Oct-06, at 11:37 AM, Eric D wrote:
>
> > Whatever happened to http://www.muglo.ca or http://www.muglo.on.ca?
> >
> > Is there a particular reason that MUGLO has abandoned the domain
> > muglo.ca?
> >
> > <http://whois.cira.ca/public?domaine=muglo.ca&LANGUE=en>
> >
> > Eric.
>
>Yes, Cost!!! You asked this same question about 2 years ago when I
>tried to renew etc. but couldn't because I had changed ISP & the
>Registrar wanted to confirm my move by posting emails to Sympatico!
>Etc. Etc.
>Freewebs costs us virtually nothing, although I have registered
>"muglo.org" to comply with all other Mac User Groups, which cost us
>only $45 for 3 years. Freewebs hosts muglo for $0.00!
>All these changes saved muglo approx $140 a year!
>The only domain we ever had was "muglo.on.ca".
>TeeC

If I remember the major cost was _hosting_ the web site, and not retaining
the URL.

Anyway, you need to update the DNS entry for www.muglo.org to point to the
new web page (since it seems you are the registrant for muglo.org... or
whoever controls the DNS entry).

And, is there a particular reason muglo.org isn't included in the footer on
the mailing list?

        http://www.freewebs.com/muglo/joinus.html

            http://www.freewebs.com/muglo/