[muglo] Re: muglo Digest V6 #205 Re: MUGLO

  • From: "Eric D" <hideme666@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 22:21:30 -0400

>On 10-16-06, at 5:55 AM, Eric D wrote:
>
> > A band-aid solution is for you to edit the DNS entry and use a
> > WebForward
> > (or some such similar named feature), and forward the www.muglo.org
> > entry to
> > www.freewebs.com/muglo.
>
>Okay, as just a make-it-pretty guy and as I never passed the uber-
>geek test :-) do you have any suggestions as to how I find the DNS
>entry?
>
>   As I said, I dropped an htm file in the freewebs muglo directory
>which redirects to the html  index page. I don't think this is the
>solution though.

No, it's not since we don't know where www.muglo.org is ending up. I might
need to "borrow" the user name and password to experiment and see if I can
get it working. If I get a few spare minutes (very precious at the moment)
I'll try to set up a freebie at freewebs.com and experiment with a subdomain
of one of my domains.

> > However, THIS WILL NOT FIX THE GOOGLE SEARCH PROBLEM. (pardon the
> > "yelling"
> > ;-).
>
>Not a problem. The listing at the Apple Users group page can take,
>they say, up to two weeks to show up. Listing at Open Directory
>dmoz , they say, can take up to several months. Google, when you
>enter their add a site process redirects to dmoz. I suspect there are
>a few other indexing databases I can track down too.

The only way Google will ever pick up muglo.org as a legitimate web site is
if www.muglo.org actually points to a legitimate web site (at the moment
it's an error page). It seems to take Google two to three weeks to scan a
web site after you submit it (that's my experience with Google and my own
web sites showing up).

BTW what is "muglolondon". Is that the "user name"? If so, it could be that
the actual index.htm file should be in a muglolondon directory somewhere.

ERic.

Buy, Load, Play. The new Sympatico / MSN Music Store works seamlessly with
Windows Media Player. Just Click PLAY.
http://musicstore.sympatico.msn.ca/content/viewer.aspx?cid=SMS_Sept192006

        http://www.freewebs.com/muglo/joinus.html

            http://www.freewebs.com/muglo/