Re: Modern Optacon

  • From: Ollie <sinisorsa@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 17:17:25 +0100

Mike:
I totally agree.
Here in Italy the people who managed to effectively use an Optacon are
relatively few. Most of them are computer programmers, who used it at work,
but then very rarely also used to read books, for instance.
I thought much of this difficulty in learning depended on the fact  that
the local Association of the Blind never supported  or promoted use of the
Optacon, and quite a few of the instructors didn't believe in its potential
anyway.
apparently, there's more to it, as the situation seems to be the same all
over the world...

However, I found your suggeston about travelling easily or otherwise very
interesting. I must check that out among people I know...
by the way, I travel easily...

Olga