Re: Modern Optacon

  • From: "Cynthia Handel" <cindy425@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 15:05:29 -0500

Hi Steve,

The problem I have with handwriting is that people form their letters so
differently.  Some have extra loops on letters and some make very plain
letters.  But, that's not all.  There are some people who form letters well
and some who sort of stretch them out.  It's difficult for many sighted
people to read handwriting, even though they do it all the time.

I have, on occasion, been able to read a few short notes, if the handwriting
is very clear.  But, it also seems that the longer a person writes, the less
clear their writing becomes.  When I have been able to recognize the
letters, in the beginning of a note, I often find that after a few lines, I
can no longer recognize the letters and words.

Cindy