[bksvol-discuss] Re: Guidelines for prep of books for submission?

  • From: Mike Pietruk <pietruk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 15:22:18 -0400 (EDT)

Debbie

I don't see this as a .brf vs Daisy issue.  What is needed is a 3rd
alternative download that preserves the header and footer info.
I read books either with K1000 or BookPort and prefer the Daisy versions
as this avoids having to deal with both synthetic pages and potential
backtranslation issues.
Hence, what I want is some sort of daisy version that retains all the info
on the page in its original submitted form.

With so many people using so many different tools to read BookShare books,
servicing that diverse audience is a difficult challenge.