[bksvol-discuss] Guidelines for prep of books for submission?

  • From: Barbara J Wagreich <bjw@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 01:33:43 -0400

Hi Listers:

I'm a member of bookshare.org and submitted a few books I'd scanned/corrected several years ago. I'd like to submit some books now and notice the format of books seems to ahve changed.

I want to verify that page headings (these are usually the title of the book or current chapter, and author's name) and page numbers in the print copy of the book itself are omitted now, as well as the formfeed for each print page.

Also is there a list of guidelines for scanning and editing? I've looked on the volunteer's website for bookshare.org but I don't see anything obvious (I may have missed it). I did send messages to bookshare.org but never received a response fromthe volunteer coordinator.

thanks in advance for your help with this.
Barbara Wagreich