[AR] Re: Concussion Wind tunnel

  • From: David Spain <david.l.spain@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2014 09:08:24 -0400

On 9/3/2014 11:10 AM, Monroe L. King Jr. wrote:
  This might be a stupid idea but I wonder if you could use a blast wave
as a wind tunnel of sorts? Suppose you have your model and you set off a
detonation and used high speed photography to catch the shock wave
hitting your model. I wonder if you could get some useful information?
  If it works it would be a cheaper way to get useful wind tunnel data.

  Monroe

On the face of it what a cool idea! Why didn't I think of that?

Dave