[AR] Re: Concussion Wind tunnel

  • From: Uwe Klein <uwe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2014 22:49:12 +0200

Am 03.09.2014 17:10, schrieb Monroe L. King Jr.:
  This might be a stupid idea but I wonder if you could use a blast wave
as a wind tunnel of sorts? Suppose you have your model and you set off a
detonation and used high speed photography to catch the shock wave
hitting your model. I wonder if you could get some useful information?
  If it works it would be a cheaper way to get useful wind tunnel data.

  Monroe

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ludwieg_tube

You get stationary flow a couple of milliseconds.

http://www.htg-hst.de/
( ~25 years ago they had their office one flow down from
where I worked )

uwe