[muglo] Re: printing from Mac Mail

  • From: Theresa Roth <theresaroth@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 16:04:17 -0500

Let me clarify:

I see the contents of the email in the preview pane of Mac mail. Most
emails will print if I click print. I need do nothing further as the
highlighted email is the same one as is currently showing in the
preview pane.

Those few that don't print the body of the email, I actually click
print from the drop-down menu, then click print preview. Some will
come up with the body of the email and subsequently print, while some
will show only the top part above the line.

I cannot figure out why only some of the emails do this.

I cannot see contents of attachments/documents in the preview pane of
Mac mail and am also not trying to print attachments/documents while
still in an email. The only reason I mentioned it is that I saved an
attachment [as always] to my desktop and it would not print from
there. That has only happened once. It has five color pages and the
first one prints a blank sheet while the 2nd to 5th page print fine.
Go figure.

There is a website to convert docx to txt and I have used it a few
times. I always have to google it.

Theresa

On 17-Feb-09, at 7:49 AM, Mary Read wrote:

I think what is trying to be established is whether you can actually
see the contents of the document in the Mail window, or if you only
see the attachment title. If you cannot see the document contents,
you will be unable to print it.
As to your earlier comment about the .docx format -- it can be nasty
as it won't open in version MS Word 10 or Pages unless it has been
saved by the sender using the correct export settings. Does anyone
know of a filter/add-on/utility that can convert a .docx file to .doc?

thanks,
Mary