[muglo] Re: printing from Mac Mail

  • From: Mary Read <m.k.read@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 07:49:20 -0500

I think what is trying to be established is whether you can actually
see the contents of the document in the Mail window, or if you only
see the attachment title. If you cannot see the document contents,
you will be unable to print it.
As to your earlier comment about the .docx format -- it can be nasty
as it won't open in version MS Word 10 or Pages unless it has been
saved by the sender using the correct export settings. Does anyone
know of a filter/add-on/utility that can convert a .docx file to .doc?

thanks,
Mary

On 17-Feb-09, at 7:10 AM, Theresa Roth wrote:

> I am only trying to print emails from mail not docs.
>
> Theresa
>

> On 16-Feb-09, at 10:42 PM, Gerhard Kuhn wrote:
>
> Theresa are you seeing in the preview window what you want to print or
> just a place holder for the file.  It might just be different file
> formats that aren't opening in Mail, I have never seen a .doc file
> open in Mail so I have to double click the file and then print the
> file using Word or Pages.
> ---
> MUGLO information at <http://www.freewebs.com/muglo>
> Manage your account options at <//www.freelists.org/cgi-bin/