[muglo] Re: Multisession burning with OS X

  • From: Eric Dunbar <eric.dunbar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 10:53:51 -0400

On 8/6/05, Leith Peterson <leithriver7@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I am just learning how to burn CDs on my iBook G3 combo drive running
> OS 10.3.8, and am running into a snag.  I am trying to set up the CD
> to burn multisessions, but I can't find the option "Leave disc
> appendable."  I've looked in the Mac and Disc Utility Helps, but
> can't find information on where it is located.
>=20
> Also, when I follow the instructions to burn using Disc Utility, and
> I get to the point where I select the CD, the burn options are dimmed
> and I get this screen with erase, first aid, partition, etc, options.
>=20
> When I do a "get info" on the CD, it shows that it is Mac OS
> Extended, so I should be able to burn more than one session.  I've
> used the same CDs to burn multisessions with OS9, so I don't know
> what the problem is.

Apple's software does not do multisession CDs. There is a
hack/application which can extend the in-built software to allow for
multisession CDs but if memory serves me it is rather flakey and
hasn't seen much development (I could be wrong... it'd be worth
checking at www.versiontracker.com).

I'm sure Toast will be mentioned in this thread but that's pretty much
your only and best option. (it's a good piece of software).

Eric.