[muglo] Re: Multisession burning with OS X

  • From: Martin Albinger <max@xxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 19:48:21 -0400

On 27-Aug-05, at 6:42 PM, Leith Peterson wrote:
> At any rate, since it appears that multisession results using Apple's
> Disk Utility can be undependable, I'd rather go with a dependable
> system.  I have used Toast for years with OS 9.2.2 and an external
> burner and have been satisfied with the results.

Oddly I did not have any luck with multisession CD's using Toast on
9.2.2 :(,  I use a system of custom finds to get the files I want and
burn that as a session instead.

If you have Toast version 5.x it should install and run fine in OS X.
I recently moved over to 10.3.9 using an old G3 (souped up to G4
400Mhz)and in the process had to partition drives etc.  To make a long
story shorter, one partition is my old 9.2.2 drive which has Toast on
it.  While in OS X one day I just double clicked the file to see what
happened and it booted right into the OS X version.  I guess Toast is
one of those 'fat binaries' whaich has both version built right in. I
don't think you need to purchase a 'new' copy

Martin