[muglo] Re: Multisession burning with OS X

  • From: Tee Cashmore <teecashmore@xxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 20:45:55 -0400

On 27-Aug-05, at 6:42 PM, Leith Peterson wrote:

> Thanks to everyone who has provided advice on multisession burning
> with OS 10.3 on my iBook G3.  Based on all this input, I am assuming
> the best route to go is to buy Toast and get an external CD burner.
> Questions/comments:
>
> 1.    Tee, you said on August 8 you bought a "new USB 2/Firewire
> ext 3.5/5.25 'Hot swapable' case and 'LG' 16 x layer DVD/CD burner
> for $135 incl taxes."  Where did you get this?  I don't understand
> all the technical details, but would this be suitable for my G3?

Cutting Edge computers on Adelaide St. S. always great prices. I bought
a Double Layer burner (8.5 Gig) so that I can make easy copies of my
HDs, or Movies, But a 4.7 Gig burner is quite a bit less expensive, for
obvious reasons, and the blanks are much less too. Yes it will work
with your G3, it's USB 2/Firewire, but backward compatible to USB 1,
which is the Clamshell.
> ....I'd rather go with a dependable system.  I have used Toast for
> years with OS 9.2.2 and an external burner and have been satisfied
> with the results.
>
> However, at present I'm using both OS 9 and 10 systems on separate
> computers and would like to maintain this approach for some time,
> which will necessitate my getting another external burner and, I'm
> assuming, an updated version of Toast.
>
> Leith

With an external burner, why do you need two? You may not need a newer
version of Toast.
TTFN,
TeeC