[AR] Re: Sugar Rocket State of the Art?

  • From: David Weinshenker <daze39@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2014 09:08:42 -0700

Bruce Beck wrote:
> https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#label/serge/1229428e830a97ac

That link tried to sign me up for Gmail
and "link it to my google account"...!

As far as Palestinian rocket technology, AIUI it's less about
"State of the Art" than "what can be improvised from materials
at hand?" - I've heard references to a propellant mixture of
"sugar, fertilizer, alcohol, and oil"... (This being the Middle
East, I have no idea what sort of "oil" was involved: crankcase
oil? olive oil...? Presumably the "fertilizer" is some sort of
nitrate.)

With respect to "state of the art", I'd guess the Sugar Shot folks
might be among the most recently active efforts, although I've not
been following them in detail.

-dave w