[AR] Re: Sugar Rocket State of the Art?

  • From: "Ray Rocket" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "ar0cketman@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: arocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2014 11:58:28 -0700

Very impressive numbers.  Provided sufficient forewarning, I would love to
attend/assist this launch.

Maybe we should move this discussion to the SugPro list.
I attempted to subscribe, but the list owner seems to be absent and my requests
have gone unfulfilled.  Does the list still exist?
What is the current location?

Ad astra,

Ray

 Subject: [AR] Re: Sugar Rocket State of the Art?
 To: "Arocket List" <arocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 Date: Sunday, October 19, 2014, 11:11 AM

 Ray,
 Here are the sims Scott got for the 2-stage
 project:
 'For the full Q to N. WinRoc has
 apogee at 109,363' but that's   using fairly
 conservative Cd numbers. OpenRocket puts apogee at
 111,644',
 Rick

 On 10/15/2014 03:54 AM, Ray Rocket (Redacted
 sender ar0cketman@xxxxxxxxx
 for DMARC) wrote:
 > Hello
 Magnus,

 > I note with interest that you were present
 at Scott Fintel's "Q" sugar motor static test
  firing.  I don't find anything on his site about flying
 the "Q"  motor and he seems to have quit rocketry
 at that point.  Any idea what happened?  I was present at
 one of his early launches, summer of 2004; his progress is
 very inspiring.