[AR] Re: Sugar Rocket State of the Art?

  • From: "Ray Rocket" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "ar0cketman@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: arocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2014 18:54:21 -0700

Hello Magnus,

I note with interest that you were present at Scott Fintel's "Q" sugar motor
static test firing.  I don't find anything on his site about flying the "Q"
motor and he seems to have quit rocketry at that point.  Any idea what
happened?  I was present at one of his early launches, summer of 2004; his
progress is very inspiring.

Ad Astra,

Ray

 Subject: [AR] Re: Sugar Rocket State of the Art?ery z
 To: arocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Date: Tuesday, October 14, 2014, 9:13 AM

 Thank you Ray!

 I have not really done
 anything related to sugar propellants after the
 thesis work.. hope to start again at some
 point.

 /Magnus

 On 10/14/2014 05:25 AM, Ray Rocket (Redacted
 sender ar0cketman@xxxxxxxxx

 Mon, 10/13/14, Magnus Mar Gudnason <magnus@xxxxxxxxx>
 wrote:
 > "Characterization of
 Potassium Nitrate - Sugar Alcohol Based Solid Rocket
 Propellants"
 >> Here is the
 thesis,
 >   https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5477849/StrandBurnerMagnusGudnason.pdf
 >
 > Thank you very much,
 Magnus!

 > This is
 very useful information, your thesis is a most valuable
 reference.  I am in your debt.

 > Have you done any further work with sugar
 propellants?