[optacon-l] Re: Optacon research and development

  • From: "Nick Dotson" <nickdotson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 04:55:05 -0600

Well thought and articulated.

He didn't say the display was comprised of U-shaped troughs like that of the
Optacon.  It might be flat.  but as this is a device in development, I
expect a certain amount of reticence on Dr. Teller and his team's part.

I too am concerned about the bezels, emitted lighting, and size and angles
of the displays of consumer electronics.  Also about the necessity for
either the device to use auto-focus, and ambient light adjustment, or burden
the blind user with those tasks if a digital camera is being used, as well
as the steadiness of hand, as contrasted with the kind of on-surface
scanning of the Optacon's camera.

I too would be glad to be contacted off-list...

W. Nick Dotson