Re: New Optacon User

  • From: "Cynthia Handel" <cindy425@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 14:23:52 -0500

Karen,

Congratulations on trying to tackle learning the Optacon.  I know, once you
get the battery changed and the rest of the machine checked out, you'll love
it.  Even with everything else we have, these days, there's nothing like the
Optacon for reading print in those inconvenient places a scanner just can't
do.  It's also great for randomly looking at things, like bills, when you
don't want to read the entire page.  I hope you can find the tracking
equipment, because that will help you, a great deal, until you feel more
comfortable with moving the camera straight across the page.

I've used an Optacon for 32 years.  If you have any questions, feel free to
write to me, in addition to the list.

Cindy