Re: New Optacon User

  • From: "Karen Poulakos" <kpoulakos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 22:32:08 -0600

Hi Mary,

Actually,I did have a bit of training on the Optacon.  However, it was over
30 years ago.  At the time, I still had enough vision to read print, so it
came very easily.  I had been asked to participate in an evaluation of its
use.  However, I was never able to afford one when they were being made.

I also was a cctv user at one time, so understand that the controls are used
to bring the text into focus on the array.  I was just trying to figure out
which knob does what.  Once the unit is working correctly, I'm sure I will
notice a big difference.

Yes, the unit did come with a battery charger, and because the battery won't
hold a charge, I have just left it plugged in for the time being.

I appreciate the suggestions, and would love to get a hold of some
documentation.  Any suggestions as to where I might find that?

Karen P.