Re: Camera That Talks

  • From: dg140@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Charles Pond)
  • To: optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2006 16:48:12 -0400 (EDT)

rather than simply rebuilding the optacon using the original circuit
designs with today's technology, it might be sensible to build a
USB-compatible tactile array in a box with the needed controls, and plug
it into something like this "camera that talks".  I other words, alter and
refine oleg's readiog machine-based approach.  Does it make sense to
re-develop a stand-alone optacon?  From what I am piecing together over
time of how the optacon R1D and II work (here a little, there a little),
and with today's technology, it would seem feasible to build an optacon
about the size of a cassette tape case or thereabouts. (maybe not
including battery?)

Charles