Re: Camera That Takjs

  • From: "eggmann" <eggmann@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 15:59:59 -0500

So far, the opticon is still the superior device by far, though it does take
effort to develop the skills.

I did hear a demo of the unit available at:

www.blindcooltech.com

Admittedly, the person running the demo admited not being totally familiar
with the device but even the items she managed to get read within reasonable
intelligibility could be managed much more efficiently and effectively with
the Opticon.  I'd really like to see a demo of the reader managing with
labels on jars, pill bottles, and most importantly beer containers.  Further
so far, there is still no way for one to learn formats of various bills,
statements, letterheads, invoices, and so on.

Doug" A beer in the hand is much better than a beer in Bush.
The camera that talks

Handheld device 'reads' for the vision impaired
By Jamie Stengle, Associated Press