[AR] Re: Estimating Coefficient of Discharge (Cd)

  • From: "Graham Sortino" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "gnsortino@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: "arocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <arocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2014 16:54:32 -0700

thank you all for the quick responses. I'm not 100% convinced this is the case
since I can see nothing physically different with them besides one having a
larger diameter but I appreciate the feedback and will see if there is a way I
can test this again with a better regulator.

Also, as an aside, I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for flow
meters suitable for something like ethanol? It would ideally be something I
could read an analog signal off of so that it could be used in my engine
control loop. I've been having some difficulty reliably predicting flow rates
when using a pressure transducer upstream of the orifice and I wanted to see if
others use this same approach or if there is something else more sophisticated?

Graham

On Saturday, September 13, 2014 5:07 PM, Monroe L. King Jr.
<monroe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Without the typo orifice geometry is the only answer.

Monroe