[AR] Re: supersonic retro (was Re: Re: Falcon 9 flight today)

  • From: "Monroe L. King Jr." <monroe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2013 13:06:03 -0700

Maybe I misunderstand but "your lander must be launched in one piece and
you aren't allowed to use orbital
assembly or deployable surfaces to increase frontal area." I believe
that can be simulated in X-Plane because it uses the model for
aerodynamics. But indeed as you say there are a lot of assumptions made
by the programmers and the simulations are only as good as we make them.
But hey I'm just trying to point out you might want to take a look at
these X-Plane simulations especially you young guy's that have an
interest in the real deal because I'm finding it way more useful than I
thought it could be. It's actually pretty damn good!

Monroe