[AR] Re: supersonic retro (was Re: Re: Falcon 9 flight today)

  • From: Ray Rocket <ar0cketman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "arocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <arocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2013 14:04:32 -0700 (PDT)

From: Monroe L. King Jr. <monroe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

<snip>
> This winter I'm going back to programming school to try and help
develop the software specific to rockets and spacecraft. I hope to get a
group going working on this very thing. I believe in one winter season
we could really make something useful for amateur rocketry and
spacecraft. For REAL ground control and tracking using a combination of
autopilot software/Ground control and OpticTracker with Optical/RSSI and
GPS tracking.

Sounds exciting!  Keep us informed of your progress.  Combine this with a
real-time wind weighted 6DOF trajectory prediction model, and it would go a
long way toward satisfying FAA requirements.  Would be especially cool if it
were open source so others could build on it.

Ad Astra,

Ray