[optacon-l] Re: creating an audio demo for ACB Radio and other internet radio stations

  • From: JBliss Judy <judy@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 09:09:24 -0800

Dear Steve,

Great ideas; there is so much versatility with the Optacon.

Speaking of the "canned" ooohs and aahs, when I was at TSI I did brief videos
with the member of each department in the low vision and blindness divisions,
to show what they did (this was for internal use). The engineering department
had a great time doing a video with me where they created "cyber-Glade", Debbee
Norling's guide dog at the time, out of old circuit boards, boxes, parts of
phones, and a big cart.  We had lots of oohs and aahs as the head of
Engineering drew out "plans" for the electronic guide dog on a white board,
courtesy of Bob Armstrong (who later married Debbee).

For technial support, my department, one of the excerpts had a voice over
saying something like, "When you buy a Telesensory product, you don't just get
a fine product, you get our technical support if you have a problem," and Roger
Peterson appeared to "pop" out of a big cardboard box. Aaaah for the good old
days!

Judy Adams