[optacon-l] Re: TSI and the Good Old days!

  • From: JBliss Judy <judy@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 08:55:02 -0800

Dear Dave,

Great to hear from you, and I agree about Mario, whose job was "folded" into my
tech support dept. management job after he left TSI.  The service guys really
"stepped up" and led seminars, especially Janio Calderon (who stayed on with
the new Telesensory).  I was in the process of starting a project to digitize
all the service drawings, with  Engineering's help, when the next to last round
of layoffs a few years before the bankruptcy began, and Technical Services (my
department's name), was laid off. Of course this was years after the blindness
products, including the optacon, were sold to Blazie.

Take care,

Judy