[muglo] Re: laptop

  • From: Gerhard <gerhardk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 23:47:03 -0400

I have had my 12" powerbook for 2 years now and it has proven to be a
durable machine and it travels with me in a knapsack.  I have taken
it on three week European trip, Vancouver and various U.S. cities it
has never let me down.  The battery last long enough to watch most
DVDs. The compact size is why I chose it and I find the screen to be
large enough for most uses.  The heat issue is a non-issue it's been
in my lap for a couple of hours now and it is warm but not
uncomfortable.  The aluminum case has some scratches but no dents or
other signs of unusual wear.

I also don't agree with the earlier post denigrating the iBooks as
consumer junk, the whole post reeked of elitism.

Gerhard