[muglo] Re: laptop

  • From: Tee Cashmore <teecashmore@xxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 16:32:24 -0400

On 19-Aug-05, at 3:18 PM, Hawk wrote:

> A little input? Just curious. I'm thinking about replacing an old
> computer. I'm considering a laptop although I don't know if I want to
> spend that much money. What would be a good Mac? The best Mac? Approx
> cost? Jim

The new iBook @ $1250 would suit you fine, but there are quite a few
very good used laptops out there for about half that. Power books are
more expensive than iBooks. Laptops are expensive, although they keep
their value quite well.
If you consider desktops, then the new "Mac Mini" is a good deal; $600
@ Best Buy; & if you've got a VGA monitor & a USB keyboard & mouse, it
would be more than adequate for you. HTH.
TTFN,
TeeC