[muglo] Re: Survey

  • From: Ilbert Walker <walker@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 19:02:45 -0500

As someone else has noted here , it appears from the current survey,
that a  majority of MUGLO members are still hugging their OS9 security
blankets :)
I wonder if that phenomenon is equally true of the majority of Mac
users out there? Maybe accounts for Apples media onslaught of 'friendly
persuasion'?
Personally, I was the same, refusing to switch to Ten for at least two
years, until I bought the G5. Then the dual attractions of being to
access so much more OSX software AND to maintain my existing SW running
in Classic 9, proved overwhelming.  I'm still missing many aspects of
OS9 and trying to adjust to some of the inflexibilities of Unix based
Panther.  If you decide to stick with OS9 your operating world will
shrink - which may not be a problem if your Mac satisfies all your
current needs.

I ,too,  was put off by all the problems ( try reading
http://versiontracker.com/ or the Apple Discussion Groups) to see some
of the problems OSX users were experiencing - which is why I waited for
two plus years before deciding to switch - but one has got to jump
sometime ?

Hope this two cents worth is of some help?

Ilbert

And a final thought?   from WWW Walker's Wit & Wisdom

To explore unknown oceans - it is first necessary  to leave the shore
  (  Of course, you might drown in the process !! :)  )