[muglo] Re: Survey

  • From: Rob Vanhooren <rob_vanhooren@xxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 00:32:07 -0500

On Tuesday, January 20, 2004, at 10:43PM, Paul Thomas
<paul_thomas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>1)  Primary Mac computer type

Powerbook 17" with 2GB SODIMM from Trans-Intl. and the *sweet* new 1Terabyte
FW800 external drive from LaCie (USA)
ps ... fs: qty. 2 512Mb SODIMM, and a 500Gb FW800 external LaCie (maybe)

>2)  OS used

MacOSX 10.3.2 Server (10-user) with a recompiled darwin-cvs kernel (using IBM's
new PPC compiler, not gcc...)

>3)  eMail program used

*groan*
Entourage 10.1.5 with some really crufty scripts.  Anybody have Outlook2Mac so
I can rescue my .pst files?  LOL ;-)
Itching to light up Mail.app with SpamAssassin on a localhost IMAP with
Postfix, but :-( no time yet ...

>4)  Browser used - indicating their primary one if more than one

Primary: Safari with yazsoft's SpeedDownload 2.2
Secondary: Firebird nightly
Tertiary: curses-based elinks (developer's version of lynx from fink/unstable)

Future: I'd like to give Omniweb v5 a whirl when they put it out the door.  An
Opera v7.x+ for OSX would be nice :-/

Cheers,

Rob.

 --