[bksvol-discuss] Re: reading in mp3Re: Re: question: Re: page breaks

  • From: "Mary Otten" <maryotten@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 22:15:03 -0600

Mike,
I can certainly agree that you really can't afford many errors in some books,
e.g. the dates in a history text, the numbers in a cookbook or math book. Just
one or two errors can render an entire page of a cookbook
worthless, if the errors are in the ingredients list. One or two errors on a
page in your average novel won't matter all that much. You can probably even
figure them out without a lot of problem, which isn't true for a
garbled date in a history text or garbled fraction in a recipe, for example.
But I don't agree at all that its ok to let go a book with merged pages or lots
of missing words or parts of words. With that many problems, you
really can't follow the story. You miss portions. And its just not a good
experience reading. I'm with whoever it was that posted and said they'd reject
a book with errors like that.
Mary