[bksvol-discuss] Re: reading in mp3Re: Re: question: Re: page breaks

  • From: Guido Corona <guidoc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 15:11:02 -0600

Right on Mary.  I still remember some recepies that listed Mice and lice
instead of rice.

Guido Dante Corona
IBM Accessibility Center,  Austin Tx.
IBM Research,
Phone:  (512) 838-9735
Email: guidoc@xxxxxxxxxxx
Web:  http://www.ibm.com/able

"Mary Otten" <maryotten@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
12/11/2004 10:15 PM
Please respond to
bksvol-discuss

"bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[bksvol-discuss] Re: reading in mp3Re: Re: question: Re: page breaks

Mike,
I can certainly agree that you really can't afford many errors in some
books, e.g. the dates in a history text, the numbers in a cookbook or math
book. Just one or two errors can render an entire page of a cookbook
worthless, if the errors are in the ingredients list. One or two errors on
a page in your average novel won't matter all that much. You can probably
even figure them out without a lot of problem, which isn't true for a
garbled date in a history text or garbled fraction in a recipe, for
example. But I don't agree at all that its ok to let go a book with merged
pages or lots of missing words or parts of words. With that many problems,
you
really can't follow the story. You miss portions. And its just not a good
experience reading. I'm with whoever it was that posted and said they'd
reject a book with errors like that.
Mary