[AR] Re: Intertank coupling design

  • From: Bill Claybaugh <wclaybaugh2@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "arocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <arocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2013 20:23:10 -0400

My experience leaves me with a slightly different take: things cost what they
cost for reasons--typically having to do with the actual cost of making the
thing or providing the service.

I've had 6061tanks welded, heat treated, and stretched back to round. They cost
some--and that is a part of the reason I now focus on solids that use no welds.
But it seems to me fairly likely that the alternatives all cost out as
similarly or more costly, otherwise we would all be doing something else,
because it was less costly....

There are many things in this game that can appear to be done at much lower
cost by accepting lower performance, but performance is, ultimately, a metric
that is measurable in dollars.

Bill

Sent from my iPhone