[AR] Re: Funding for projects

  • From: James G <d0ch011iday@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "arocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <arocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2013 05:21:26 -0700 (PDT)

I guess you aren't an advertizing and marketing major...

$10 ~ $100 isn't that much. You can spend that much on dinner or night out.
People like to give to charities and activities they are interested in. And
little donations add up to quite a bit.  Crowdfunding has provided ridiculous
funding for the most obscure and useless (IMO) projects.  You don't have to
understand it or see the appeal, you just need to know how to access it if you
want to pursue your goal.

As as already been mentioned you can find conventional sponsors for your
project as well. Your model is racing sponsorships. Think outside of the box.
It does not have to be rocketry related (ie: Redbull does not make balloons or
space suits).  Don't let "no" deter you. You will hear it a lot.

Good luck,
-James

From: Aidan Sojourner <aidan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [AR] Funding for projects

How do you guys get funding for your projects? My team has a wonderful
design that will probably never see the light of day due to lack of
funds. We are expecting upwards of $7.5k for the project, something that
none of us can manage.

We have thought about kickstarter, but I personally don't see the
appeal.