[AR] Re: Best Practices for Measuring Engine Temps with a Thermocouple

  • From: Robert Watzlavick <rocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Graham Sortino <gnsortino@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2013 06:53:59 -0500

Sealing the threads would be straightforward like you suggested but sealing the TC hole in the middle of the screw might be tricky at the hot gas temperatures involved. But you're right - for heat transfer analysis, it would be helpful to know the interior wall temperature because you could more easily calculate the gas side heat transfer coefficient.

-Bob

On 10/18/2013 06:34 AM, Graham Sortino wrote:

I really like your idea of using a screw to hold it in place. I was wondering if you ever considered taking this a step further and drilling a hole to access the chamber so that you could measure the internal wall temp. You might need to use a NPT or AN thread for this to prevent leaks but would it be a clever way to measure the internal wall temp?

*From: * Robert Watzlavick <rocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>;